Monday, July 5, 2010

Fart Story


Here it is, my fart story:

I'm a teacher aide and for a while I was working with the blind and low vision students in the high school. I was sitting in a Maths class with Shelly* (not quite her real name because I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about real people in real life without their real permission). So...I'm sitting there and can feel that sort of rumbling that you get when you know that something is trying to escape. I tried a bit of clenching and squirming and eventually I thought, "Hmmm...I wonder if anyone would notice if I just slip one out?"

Remember how I mentioned that God has a sense of humour? Perhaps that's another reason why He gave people with impaired senses, super abilities in other things. Turns out that my blind protegee has super hero powers of hearing and (sadly for her) smell. Forgetting about anything arithemetic-related at all, we dissolved into giggles. When the teacher stopped proceedings to find out if Shelly had a problem I hissed at her to keep quiet or I'd tell everyone it was her! I'm ever the professional.

People think that foster parents, caregivers, teacher aides and saints are warm, generous, loving, giving people....HA!!

*Note: In His wisdom the good Lord did prompt me to confess to the teacher at morning tea. Confession is good for the soul :)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Blogosphere, Ange! Now please stop stinking up the joint with your bodily emissions. ;-)

    Seriously, though, I really like your attitude, and if you ever decide to include links to other blogs, let me know. I'd be happy to exchange links.

    ReplyDelete